The Virtual Pandemic
In every advancement, there will always be equal and opposite challenges associated. In technology, the main challenge every organization faces is the virus. And it’s opposite is the security software.
A virus can be scientifically or technologically defined. However, two things will remain constant; one, it is a foreign object, and two, it can multiply and spread.
Computer Virus has been a common enemy for a while, and it is emerging faster and more destructive. Even the government is not immune to this threat. But of course, a problem is not without a solution.
Security Software is the vaccine for Computer viruses. It has been around since the 1960s. It has been continuously evolving in response to the level of threat arising. Now that there are dozens of Security Software brands in the market, users face a simple but essential dilemma- What security software do I use?
Computer Viruses 101
First, one must be knowledgeable of the problem they are facing. In this case, here are some of the types of threats you may encounter:
- Viruses are perceived as Computer viruses and are called Malicious Software or Malware. It is a type of malware program that modifies host files. It infects other files making them hard to clean.
- Worms are self-replicating and can spread without any action from the end-user. Worms came from message attachments in Emails.
- Trojans are the most common type of malware. Trojan arrives via Email or when an infected website is visited. Trojan works by masquerading as a legitimate program but contains malicious instructions. There is also a type of Trojan called Remote Access Trojans (RATs). It enables the attacker to take control of the victim’s computer remotely.
- Hybrids and Exotic Forms are typically Trojan or Worm combinations called Bots. It attempts to make an exploited individual client a part of a malicious network.
- Ransomware encrypts your data and holds it hostage in exchange for cryptocurrency. Through this, hackers can also figure out how much ransom a victim can afford.
- Adware is malware that attempts to expose the victim to unwanted malicious advertising.
- Malvertising is a malicious program that utilizes legitimate advertising or ad networks to deliver damage to unsuspecting victims’ computers.
- Spyware is malware that gathers personal data and sells it to third parties without your consent.
Understanding Different Security Software
Security Software also has various types made for a specific virus. Here are the programs that serve as a defense against the former to avoid the loss of virtual assets:
- A firewall is the oldest type of Security Protection Software. It simply attempts to control all incoming and outgoing traffic between networks. It is to prevent the spread of a virus within that network. A Firewall can either be a hardware component or software.
- Antivirus is a type of Software Security Protection that finds and destroys viruses, hence the name. This program often has an auto-update capability to keep up against current threats.
- Anti-Spyware gives you protection from Spyware programs. It scans your hard disk and registry. It either removes them or prompts the user to remove them.
- Anti-Malware includes protection from Viruses, Worms, Trojans, and Spyware. Anti-Malware programs seek the latest computer threats and counteract them.
- Anti-Tamper is security protection that hampers modification of the host software or application. It can also strengthen licensing platforms against attacks.
Your Trusted Security Software Partner
Micro Image is a dynamic company that offers a wide range of products and services. The company also has solutions to different technical challenges. Browse our available security solutions on the products and services page.
Talk to our Sales or Technical Professional today and let us provide you with the service you deserve.